The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please use a lock. Locks for daily use can be obtained at the Service Desk and Entrance A. Lost articles that have been turned in at the Service Desk are kept for a short period after which clothing items are donated.
Court reservations may be made in advance by calling the Entrance A desk at 715-839-4620. Use of courts is free to members. Players may play on an open court at any time, but reserved court time is a priority.
Your child must be 12 years old or older to be left without a parent in the pool. Swimsuits are required and only “swim diapers” are allowed. For a detailed account of rules and policies please visit our website.
Lifestyle Fitness Center (LFC)
The LFC is open to ages 12 and over. Youth ages 12-14 must complete an orientation before working out. Youth aged 11 and under are not allowed to use the LFC unless supervised by an adult.
Remember Your Card
All members must have a membership card and a photo taken. We ask you to scan your card each and every time you come to the Y. We track building usage and the numbers help us with purchasing equipment, staffing and security. Thanks for your cooperation.
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Y and are needed in many roles such as instructing, coaching, refereeing, score keeping, maintenance, baby-sitting, time keeping, supervising, Strong Kids fundraisers, etc. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact Carmen at email@example.com.
Program Refund/Credit Policy
- The Y reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or combine classes that do not have sufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancelled class due to lack of enrollment, or change to the original schedule,a full refund or program credit will be issued.
- All cancellation requests must be done in person, via email or in writing; phone call requests are not accepted.
- When a cancellation request is received two or more business days prior to the start of the class a full refund or program credit will be issued.
- When a cancellation request is received during the first two weeks of the session a Y program credit will be issued for the prorated balance of the remaining classes less a $5.00 cancellation fee.
- When a cancellation request is received for a medical condition a physician’s note will need to accompany the request. A full refund or program credit will be issued less a $5.00 cancellation fee.
- Refunds/program credits will not be issued when payment for a class is under $5.00.
- There are no credits given for individual classes missed.
- No refunds/credits are given on individual classes cancelled due to weather.
- Some programs require a deposit/registration fee that is non-refundable. Participant cancellation in these programs will result in the loss of the deposit.
- Program credits will expire 12 months after date of issue.
My Y is Every Y In Wisconsin and the UP
Your Y membership card will now provide you FREE access to any Y membership facility in Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We are for HEALTHY LIVING and we want you to stay active and keep moving! So get out and explore Wisconsin and the UP, visit friends and relatives, and remember to take your Y card with you. All local Y rules regarding facility use apply.
The YMCA of Eau Claire does not provide accident or hospital insurance for people participating in activities and programs. It is recommended that all participants review their personal insurance policies for coverage. The use of the Y facilities is voluntary. The Y is not responsible for any injuries that occur while in our facility. NOTE: It is recommended that children be a minimum of 11 years old to be alone at the Y.
Code of Conduct
The Board of Directors of the YMCA of Eau Claire recognizes the right for all Y members to enjoy participation in our programs and facilities without fear for personal safety or verbal abuse. The Y staff is empowered by the Board of Directors to suspend membership privileges of anyone who behaves in a manner which negatively affects other members.
You are welcome to bring a guest to use the facilities with you. Guests are required to purchase a daily membership pass. Purchases of a daily membership pass is limited to six times per calendar year, per person. Photo ID required.
The Y reserves the right to take photographs of adults and children participating in Y programs to be used in promotional literature. If you do not wish to be included please inform the photographer.
E-mail Collection Policy
We collect e-mail addresses of our membership strictly for Y use. The intent is to keep our members better informed of current and upcoming events by connecting electronically with you. E-mails are necessary for online registration.
To protect the privacy of our Y patrons, the use of all cell phones and electronic devices is prohibited in all locker rooms and rest rooms.
The Y is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for its members, guests and employees. As part of this commitment it is the Y’s policy to prohibit weapons of any type.
Strong Kids and employee discounts are not available for all programs. Please contact the Service Desk for a current list.
- We ask that parents observe swimming lessons from the observation deck. This leads to less distraction for the lifeguards, swimming instructors, and students.
- The Y reserves the right to cancel one swimming lesson per session without a credit given. Additional cancellations will be credited or a make-up day will be planned. We will only cancel classes if it is unsafe for your child to attend.
- We do not allow any child to make up missed lessons; please consider this when registering for lessons.
- In order to assure the safety of every swimmer, the Y Aquatic staff reserves the right to relocate a swimmer into a level better suited to his/her ability.
- The Y Aquatic Staff reserves the right to use pool space at any given time for lifeguard training purposes.
- Registration for swim lessons closes 48 hours prior to the start of class. After the 48 hour deadline, please contact the Aquatics Director, Becky L. Adamski at Becky@eauclaireymca.org for class availability.